Frequently Asked Questions!
Franchising is basically the coming together of 2 parties with the purpose of satisfying (supplying) a product or service, for which there is a market-driven demand. Franchising is a collaborative enterprise between a brand-owner (the Franchisor) and an entrepreneur (the Franchisee). The investor could be either an individual or partners or an incorporated company.
No. There is absolutely no employer-employee relationship between the Franchisee and the Franchisor. The franchising model Franchisee-Owned Franchisee-Operated (FOFO) clearly ensures the ownership of the business remains in the hands of the investor. The freedom to manage the day-to-day business lies with the franchisee.
- Instead of having to start from scratch, it allows the Franchisee to have a head-start and get the business up and running quickly.
- The Franchisee’s business receives readymade a established brand-name that is popular and easily recognizable in the marketplace.
- The Franchisee benefits from the experience and the hands-on knowledge of running the business from the franchisor.
- Franchisee only needs to follow the model set out by the franchisor to ensure the success of the investment.
There has never been a better time to get involved with the franchise industry. Throughout the world the franchising concept is gaining popularity as more and more people look for new ways to work for themselves.
Yes, it is. According to a report by a management consulting company (KPMG) and the Franchising Association of India, the size of the franchising-driven business has increased 4 times since 2012. This is considered an incredible speed of growth.
The franchising model of business has grown largely because it has been proven to be a profitable business model in developed countries abroad. In India, it has been proven to be easily adoptable. The success of an existing popular brand can be easily repeated by entrepreneurs in another location, thus it protects entrepreneurs from the risk of brand-name failure.
Food & Beverage franchises are the most popular choice and dominate the franchising sector within India. One-third of new F&B outlets in India are established through the franchising model.
Yes, it is. An evolving lifestyle, frequent travels abroad, exposure to foreign cuisine and the arrival of MNC food brands have caused Pizza to grow in popularity in India.
On the demand side, a high disposable income amongst the age group of 18-40 years have triggered a consumption boom. The franchising model has proven to be a highly resilient business model, even in times of economic downturn, because it mitigates a lot of the risks associated with starting a brand new business.
F.A.Q's About Franchising Pietza Pizza
Pietza Pizza offers only 1 model of franchising — the Franchisee-Owned Franchisee-Operated (FOFO) model.
- Wood-fired recipes (the way it is prepared in Italy). Wood-Fired Pizzas gain a distinctly and unique smoky flavor; that cannot be achieved inside a commercial oven.
- Freshness — the dough and all the ingredients used are fresh everyday; which means no frozen pizza bases.
- Thin crust pizzas – enhances the flavor. People who have tasted our pizza, visited us for more.
No, other than the wood fired pizzas, our menu includes pasta, garlic bread, chicken wings and mocktails.
Yes, the menu is both vegetarian and non-vegetarian; it offers various choices in both categories.
Along with the usual classic varieties we offer the following special items:
- Arabian Pizza (zataar & jibna)
- Shawarmizza (a unique preparation of pita wrap & shawarma chicken)
- Shawarpizza (pizza topped with shawarma style chicken)
Though our prices are lower our selling proposition is not based on price — Pietza Pizza sells because they are authentic italian pizzas, tastier and fresher
This is the 3rd year since it was first introduced. It has grown to 8 stores consisting of a mix of company-owned stores, franchisee stores located in drive-ins, food courts and a dine-in stores.
Yes, the name Pietza Pizza is a registered trade name and its logo & name style is a registered trade mark; all owned by Gustuso Foods Pvt Ltd., Hyderabad, India.
We offer a Franchising Package who’s value varies between Rs 15-20 lakhs depending on the location and format of the store.
A franchising package consists of a supply of all the pizza and pasta making equipment (a major component of which is a wood-fired oven), starter kit, branding signage (interior and exterior), brand- themed display material, menu display board, staff (chef) training, social media marketing, site visits (as many as required) and a franchising fee
The payouts to us are at 2 levels.
1. Upfront on Agreement — Franchisee Fee already included in above package
2. Monthly Royalty between 5-7% — based on the month’s value of Gross Sales
1/3rd of the franchise package value is paid upon on signing the agreement, 1/3rd as in-store work commences and 1/3rd before the opening date. The royalty payment is payable on the 7th of each month.
Our existing stores are experiencing a gross profit margin between 35-40% and a payback between 18-24 months.
Currently, we are seeking franchisees in Tier-1 & Tier-2 cities. The store can be located on main streets – drive-ins, food courts, malls are suggested locations but are not limited to those locations
A minimum of 350sft of space is required for a take-away or online sales store. A dine-in would require 1000sft.
Currently , we are able to have a store up-and-running in not more than 45 days from the date of receiving an upfront payment/signing the franchising agreement.
All ingredients are sourced fresh for the day from local vendors. Proprietary sauces are the only items requiring to be sourced directly from us.
- Call us or email us on the contact numbers or email ids displayed on our website.
- We will call back and discuss the franchisee’s location, motivation and investment capacity for the business.
- Franchisee sends us a description and photographs of a few preselected sites.
- A site visit is arranged.
- Upon selection of site, franchisee is informed of the value of investment required and a format of franchising agreement is sent.
- Upon receiving the upfront payment along with signed franchising agreement, franchisor orders the equipment.
- Specs of on-site works that are in the franchisee’s scope are provided.